Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are searching for dedicated individuals that wants to make a difference and have the heart to serve our seniors. Our HOLI Senior Living team have a credibility for being positive and receptive in administering care to our residents, and we are looking for like-minded people who would fit our team of professionals.
RESIDENTIAL CARE MANAGER
- Responsible for the leadership and daily management of the residential care unit including the direct supervision of unit staff.
- The Residential Care Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality, resident focused care.
- The position facilitates and fosters interdisciplinary participation in resident care activities as well as coaches, mentors, motivates and empowers clinical staff.
- The Resident Care Manager will participate in monitoring operational budgets and operational planning at the unit and program level.
- The Resident Care Manager adheres to and serves as a role model for the HOLI Senior Living mission, vision, and values within the program area and unit.
- The responsibilities of this position are focused around four critical aspects of care and service: People and teams. Access and flow. Quality and safety. Efficiency and resources.
- Working with seniors, some of whom have Dementia
- Assistance with Personal care which includes: Bathing, grooming, Dressing and toileting.
- Community engagement through social outings, transportation to appointments and more.
- Medication reminders/ Assistance
- Light Housekeeping
- Deliver routine daily medications, either prescription or non-prescription, to residents.
- Coordinate with nursing staff to assist with patient care and medications.
- Follow written or verbal instructions on how to manage medications.
- Record medication dosages and times.
- Observe patients and document changes in their condition.
- Gather samples for analysis.
- Ensure equipment is routinely inspected and cleaned.
- Uphold all health and safety standards.
- Respond to patient emergency call signals, bells, or intercom systems to identify patient needs.
- Due to COVID-19, housekeeping is more important than ever!
- Clean and sanitize rooms or other assigned areas, changing linens, changing glassware and removing debris.
- Specific duties include dusting and polishing, cleaning all furniture and accessories, washing windows and mirrors, removing any stains or marks and emptying all trash.
- Housekeeping aides clean and sanitize bathing spaces, sinks and toilets; vacuuming, sweeping and mopping are also included in their duties.
- Check for damages to company property and submit reports to appropriate supervisors.
- Daily duties also include maintaining supply carts with adequate supplies.
- To ensure all daily duties and assignments are met, housekeeping aides communicate throughout the day with supervisors and other staff members.
- Housekeeping aides are also responsible for responding to the needs of guests in a prompt and courteous manner in order to maintain resident satisfaction.